Every governmental - state or local - democratic system is committed to maintain the peace, safety and security of its citizens. An important part of this responsibility is the advance preparedness and the activities to minimize the potential damages in a disaster situation.
We have to bear in mind that natural disasters are caused by nature and by human activities; thus - no one will know when and how they will occur. Therefore , every effort has to be made to mitigate the damages and casualties, when a disaster strikes.
Preparedness is mandatory of all emergency organizations and services in any region and country.
Proper and immediate response is needed both in peacetime, in wars, or during terrorist activities.
Any country's emergency services, should be able to respond to the greatest variety of disasters.
But even more important is , to prepare the population or the workers in the site to be ready to act for saving lives.
Emergency Management & Planning
Most emergency planning projects start with defining the threat or threats, evaluating and defining scenarios for planning, choosing the right criteria and then starting the design of proper response and protection.
Design for Emergancy:
Our planning service consists of
- Risk analysis and assessment.
- Evaluating existing emergency organizations.
- Defining respective emergency scenarios for planning.
- Evaluating comprehensively emergency solutions.
- Developing organizational and operational doctrines.
- Planning of comprehensive intra and inter-organizational plans for every day emergencies and for disasters.
- Preparing emergency manuals and Standard Operational Procedures.
- Designing protected buildings, structure elements and alert systems, etc.
- Designing of Command & Control systems for emergency organizations.
- Defining professional responsibilities for emergency organizations based on the theory and proven by field experience.
- Designing and conducting exercises and training programs.
- Preparing your organization's security, safety and environmental management system requirements - ISO 14001.
Our experience and expertise will lead to a synergetic and optimal solution with respect to practical and economical constraints, yet with proven capabilities. Our practical, "hands-on" experience, together with academic and research support from top Israeli Universities, will ensure a comprehensive and most efficient solution to any possible crisis. Our professional team has evaluated, organized, developed, designed and trained the Civil Protection organizations in Israel. These organizations were put to actual tests in various and compound emergency events.
This expertise and know-how is at your disposal matching and tailored to your specific needs for the security of your citizens, your organization or your people.
|Threat analysis and evaluation is the first important step in determining the potential threats in any specific area. |
Decision-makers usually find it very difficult to evaluate the full extent and scope of the potential threats.
Potential threats include most commonly
- Extreme weather conditions - storms, hurricanes, floods etc.
- Severe and sudden natural events - earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, forest fires.
- Industrial accidents - hazardous material spillage, biological, radiological (nucelear) and transportation mass-casualty accidents.
- Terrorist attacks - caused by conventional weapons and weapons of mass destruction
- Wars and internal conflicts - attacks on the civilians and infrastructure - caused by light weapons, mines, artillery, ballistic missiles, air- or marine attacks, using conventional, chemical and biological agents.
Each of the potential threats to a specific area, has to be evaluated concerning the extent, magnitude and probability of its occurrence.
The output - is the definition of a specific threat, relating to the damage extent, the definition of response and the major fields of action.
Each defined scenario is evaluated and the key commanding agency is determined.
Existing response plans
|Evaluation of the capability of the services/agencies in the area to act and respond to each threat scenario. |
|Definition and assurance of a uniform method of operation, based on a coordinated doctrine, for all agencies and emergency services, which may take part in the response. |
The above coordination includes a timetable and a specific response schedule, command and control definitions and communication means and procedures.
Definition of orders and procedures for all participating agencies, services, the community and the population at risk.
Conduct exercises within organizations and especially in inter-organizational systems and draw lessons from these exercises.
Assessing needs for the affected population, addressing the specific needs for susceptible population groups (children, old, disabled and infirm people, pregnant women etc.).
Planning a comprehensive medical response system, including a pre-hospital emergency ambulance service with a central control center, an integrated hospitalization system, enabling a coordinated distribution of casualties and patients, and a comprehensive primary care and public health service. Psychological and social support for the affected population as well as a centralized information system will also be addressed. The system will also include plans for the augmentation of damaged medical facilities and services by field hospitals, mobile clinics and international aid.
Search and Rescue
|Prompt response - by firefighters units specially trained for search and rescue operations in disaster situations, according to the requirements and capabilities. Exercises for the rescue teams in response to emergency events. Deployment of Civil Defense and military emergency teams. Assistance by foreign rescue teams. |
|Preparation of detailed and professional guidelines for the affected population, addressed to each scenario and threat.|
Preparedness of utilities, shelters and services for providing emergency aid to victims.
Ability to forecast emergency events - readiness of communication, reporting and alarm systems.
|Defining the proper laws, codes and directives for preparedness, protective means and infrastructure needed for the population, community, organizations and industry. |
Logistics and Professional Personnel
|Preparing logistic response systems for these events - for supporting the affected population and the emergency teams. |
Emergency economical system - activities, preparedness and legislation with codes, definitions, regulations and procedures.
Preparing professional personnel addressing the emergency teams' needs - medics, engineers, psychologists etc.
Preparing Standard Operational Procedures for the population and for emergency personnel.