Establishing the concept of operation and the response plan for Ben Gurion Airport, dealing with ChemBio terror event
ISRATEAM leading by B. General Avi Bachar is currently working at macro and micro level of detail preparing a detailed response plan dealing with a ChemBio terror attack:
i. with the Israel police district command that is responsible for the Airport aria.
ii. With Israel's main airport authority (Ben Gurion airport). That should give the first aid to the casualties and population it the Airport
The project included
1. Risk analysis, assessment and threats definition.
2. Evaluating existing emergency planes and equipment capabilities.
3. Defining possible ChemBio terror scenarios.
4. Establishing comprehensive emergency plans.
5. Preparing manuals and Standard Operational Procedures.
6. Planning the evacuation of the casualties by the security personal ( with protective gear)
7. Planning the evacuation of the population ( with Escape masks) and what to do with the majority of workers and people uninjured at the site, as well as other matters.
8. Designing protected buildings, structure elements and alert systems, monitoring and scanning systems, etc.
9. Consulting on protection gear, identification and decontamination equipment.
10. Establishing and implementing training programs.
11. Designing Command, Control and Communication systems for emergencies
12. Designing and conducting integrated exercises and training programs with the Police. EMS, HFC and all the other Emergency organizations involving with the event.
The plans cover eg. Neutralization of the contaminating agents; who does what at the site, specifying the tasks and responses of the staff on site (focusing on the staff present at the site under attack and not just the external first responders who would be called to the site); evacuation of the population and casualties; what to do with the majority of workers and people uninjured at the site, as well as other matters.
All this would be highly relevant for any similar attack against the installations and transportation infrastructures