The impact of a crisis or a large-scale emergency event on the public is expected to be aggravated and extremely complicated to deal with.
Adequate preparedness and training the population in advance will enable the authorities to manage the population in a smother manner during and after the emergency has occurred.
Emergency situations – especially extreme and thrill-ones like terror activities, chemical & biological attacks – arise the demand for information by the public immensely; lack of information may be critic and may act against efforts of life-saving activities.
IsraTeam provides a Preparedness Package for the population – individual, community and national level, so that the public “feel of confidence” with the proper response plan would lead to a success.
Main topics of consideration for planning the Population Preparedness Package:
Determination of the Operational Concept
- The event's main characteristics
- Vital needs of the affected population
- Public behavior aspects
- Definition of the required information at the various stages of the event
- Role and management of the media
- Main channels and methods of transmitting information to the public
- Defining protection means - for the population, for emergency units etc.
Preparation of the Response Plan
- Determination of Objectives
- Defining means of protection - to specific scenarios and populations;
- Guidelines for massages preparation
- Evaluation of the Target Public
- Guidelines for information transfer and available communication channels
- Defining alert system
- Media handling and cooperation throughout the emergency stages
- Media handling to direct the public in an emergency
- Training the public in advance for protective means and media assistance;
Detailed Preparedness Program
- Definition of Authority, Roles and Functions
- Planning of Structure and Organization
- Determination of Personnel Duties
- Evaluation of Emergency Equipment
- Training and Exercises Programs
- Operability of the Emergency System in a life cycle program.